After hosting the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), Tambuwal added that they engaged with the BoT, with the belief that they would come up with solutions to the problem facing the party.
“We have engaged with them and I believe that what they are likely to come up with will be a solution to the problem we have.
“Be rest assured that as governors of the party , we are also talking to ourselves on the way forward.
“Very soon the governors forum will meet and we will come up with what we feel should be the solution and the way forward for the party.
“We are all interested in working together for an objective and that objective is for the party and Nigerians of good will,“ he said.
Tambuwal said the PDP governors were working to take over power in 2023.
“We must work together to solve our internal problems, forge ahead and prosecute the electoral battle and by the grace of God we will have victory,” he said.
He commended BoT Chairman, members and for its initiative as the conscience of the party .
“Whenever there are issues of this nature, the Board of Trustee steps in, it is part of their functions in the party, constitutionally speaking,” Tambuwal said.
Speaking earlier, the Chairman of BoT, Sen. Adulphus Wabara, said that Nigerians would see a more united PDP before the commencement of campaign.
He said that the BoT was going round to find lasting solution to the problem dividing the party.
Wabara said that the BoT members were going to meet the party’s National Chairman, Sen. Iyorcha Ayu; the Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar and his running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa on the way forward.
“Our aim is to get into the Aso Villa, for PDP to get into the Aso Villa in 2023, we need every body to come on board.
“We are still moving around, in six days time the campaign will be inaugurated.
We hope and pray that before then Nigerians will see a more united PDP.
“We are doing this not for us, not for the chairman of the governors forum or anybody, we are doing this for Nigerians.
“Nigerians are looking up to the PDP to deliver them from what we are experiencing with the ruling party as we speak.
“We have also met with some of the governors.
“We are looking for solutions for all of us to come together and win the election in flying colours,” he said.
In response to the decision of Wike and his camp to pull out of the Atiku campaign council, Wabara said that they would speak with Wike after addressing the nation on Friday.
“After Wike’s address, tomorrow we will speak with him.
Wike is a member of the Board of Trustees.
We have made attempt to meet with him, but I believe he has been very busy,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)