<a href=”https://www.fellowpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/PDP_apc.jpg”><img src=”https://www.fellowpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/PDP_apc.jpg” alt=”” width=”750″ height=”400″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-44067″ /></a>
No fewer than 95 percent of members of the opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), have defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), in Ilorin West local government area of Kwara.
Chairman of the party in the local government, Abdulsalam Sulaiman, said this on Monday in Ilorin at the official handling over of PDP structure to APC.
Ilorin West Local Government Area of Kwara is the local government of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
During the defection. PDP members in the local government set their PDP membership cards on fire.
The colour of the secretariat was also change to that of the APC as sign of total disengagement from PDP.
Speaking at the occasion. PDP Chairman in the LG said he and majority of his members have defected to the APC as they cannot be in the same party with Saraki.
“You will recall that on July 11, at this same venue, I addressed the press on the issues that concern our former party, PDP.
“Many of our resolutions then was that Ilorin West PDP reject Saraki because our ideology is not the same.
“It cannot be so due to Saraki’s domineering and autocratic leadership.
“That National leaders of our party have decide by taken Saraki instead of masses of Kwara who are tired of his misrule and undemocratic procedures,” Suleiman said.
Receiving the defected members, the Chairman Caretaker Committee of the APC in the State, Bashir Bolarinwa commended them for collapsing the 12 wards of the PDP.
He charged them to work towards ensuring that APC emerged victorious in next year’s general election.
“Ilorin West is a local government that always try to dictate politically in Kwara.
“I want you to work assiduously to ensure that come 2019 general elections, Bukola Saraki is defeated,” Bolarinwa said.
A former chieftain of the PDP who also decamped to the APC, Kunle Sulyman urged the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomole to prevail on the majority status of the Senate to impeach the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki.
He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that Sen Bukola Saraki, answers all the criminal charges against him.
The former PDP party stalwart, recounted Offa Bank robbery, mismanagement of Société Generale Bank, Intercontinental Bank among other issues he raised against the Senate President.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)