Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential candidate has assured Nigerians and the people of North East of peace and development if elected president come 2019.
Atiku gave the assurance at the East zonal rally of the Party in Gombe on Tuesday.
He said that people were in hunger and poverty, hence the need to vote out the All Progressive Congress (APC), for more development.
Atiku called on the party supporters to vote PDP in all positions for positive change in the country.
Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State, who is the North East Zonal Coordinator for the presidential rally thanked the leadership of the party for giving North-East to produce presidential candidate.
He called on the people in the North East and the country to return the favours by ensuring victory for the party to produce the next president of Nigeria come 2019
In his remarks, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President congratulated Nigerians for having Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate of the PDP.
He said Atiku would tackle the problems of Nigerians if voted into power especially in the North East that is facing insurgency.
Mr Yakubu Dogara, Speaker House of Representative also advised people in the region to understand that, the 2019 general election is not between PDP and APC, adding that the election was between the people of Nigeria and government that failed to fulfil its promises.
Mr Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman presented the party flags to the six gubernatorial candidates of Adamawa, Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe states.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ