Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential candidate has assured Nigerians and the people of North East of peace and development if elected president come 2019.
Atiku gave the assurance at the East zonal rally of the Party in Gombe on Tuesday.
He said that people were in hunger and poverty, hence the need to vote out the All Progressive Congress (APC), for more development.
Atiku called on the party supporters to vote PDP in all positions for positive change in the country.
Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State, who is the North East Zonal Coordinator for the presidential rally thanked the leadership of the party for giving North-East to produce presidential candidate.
He called on the people in the North East and the country to return the favours by ensuring victory for the party to produce the next president of Nigeria come 2019
In his remarks, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President congratulated Nigerians for having Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate of the PDP.
He said Atiku would tackle the problems of Nigerians if voted into power especially in the North East that is facing insurgency.
Mr Yakubu Dogara, Speaker House of Representative also advised people in the region to understand that, the 2019 general election is not between PDP and APC, adding that the election was between the people of Nigeria and government that failed to fulfil its promises.
Mr Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman presented the party flags to the six gubernatorial candidates of Adamawa, Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe states.
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor