The Federal Government, Tuesday in Abuja filed a 90 count criminal charge on the National Commandant of the Peace Corps, Dickson Akor and the Incorporated Trustees of Peace Corps of Nigeria (ITPCN).
The case against the defendants was signed by Aka Alilu, an Assistant Chief State Counsel in the Federal Ministry of Justice and borders on extortion, money laundering and obtaining money by false pretence.
The case was filed on Tuesday by the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice Mr. Abubakar Malami SAN , through the office of the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF) .
The prosecution alleged that the defendants while operating as a nonprofit making organization unlawfully engaged in the business of providing security services under a recruitment scheme which involved quasi-military training without approval.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections