The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has said there is no rancour between him and the Anambra State Governor, Prof. Charles Soludo. Obi said that Soludo is his brother, and that they will remain close.
“I don’t have any problem with the governor. He is my brother and we remain close,” he said.
Obi, who spoke, yesterday, at the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries’ crusade, tagged: ‘The King Has Decided To Honour You,’ at Ijesha, Lagos, received thunderous ovation from worshippers.
The presidential candidate urged Nigerians to remain prayerful for the country, especially as it prepares for the 2023 general elections. He noted that Nigeria needs a leader that will take care of the poor and the hungry. He, therefore, urged Nigerians to vote candidates who have empathy, commitment and zeal to serve the country in 2023.”
Meanwhile, the Labour Party (LP) Youth leader in Anambra State, Ekene Nnadi, has frowned on Governor Chukwuma Soludo’s comment over the ambition of the party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi, saying the governor is envious of Obi’s performance.
Nnadi, who fielded questions from newsmen after LP Youth Wing summit in Awka, yesterday, maintained that Soludo is envious of the surging acceptability, as well as rising political profile of Obi, insisting that Ndigbo and most Nigerians are united on Obi’s presidential candidacy.
While expressing disappointment over Soludo’s comments, the LP youth leader stressed that Obi remains the best presidential candidate. Nnadi said: “The Igbo are republican people. We voted for Obasanjo and Yar’Adua.
“ Obi is not an Igbo project. Of all presidential candidates running for president, Obi is more qualified, psychologically, mentally and physically. This is why Afanifere, led by Pa Adebanjo, based on equity and fairness, agreed that they would support him.
“What Nigeria needs is someone that is competent. Someone that has demonstrated the ability to change the condition of this nation; and that person is Obi.”
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG