According to a statement by the online media outfit, Adeparusi, a photojournalist in Naij.com’s Abuja office “has gone missing under very mysterious circumstances.”
It stated that Yinka stepped out of his Abuja apartment on Sunday, November 13 with a brief remark; ‘I’ll be back’ but has not been seen since then.
The statement further reads:
“Several calls made to his mobile phone lines have not been going through. Mr Adeparusi has also not made any contact with those close to him or his colleagues in the office.
“This is quite unusual because Yinka is a soft-spoken, very professional and clear-headed individual; not the kind of person to wander off. He speaks Yoruba and English quite well and he had a not-too-thick Afro-style hair as at the last time he was seen.
“Yinka is an award-winning photojournalist who graduated from Lagos State University School of Communication, where he bagged double honours in Photojournalism and Cinematography and minor in mass communication.
“Among other awards, Yinka received the People’s Choice Award for Human Rights Photography in Africa, German Development Media Awards in 2013 and was winner of the photojournalism award of the 6th Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting in 2011.
“NAIJ.com would deeply appreciate any information about his whereabouts. If you have any information on Yinka’s whereabouts, please call: 08122228419, 08168818131, 08180006245 or email email@example.com
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes