The final burial rites for the first governor of Kwara State, Brigadier-General David Bamigboye (rtd) begins today with the arrival in Ilorin, the state capital, of the late military officer’s remains.
A Nigerian Airforce aircraft marked NAF 038 which conveyed the corpse landed at the Ilorin International Airport at about half past one on Thursday afternoon.
The corpse was received by the Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Isiaka Gold, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Also in the government’s high-powered delegation were the Deputy Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Elder Mathew Okedare, the Head of Service, Mrs. Dupe Oluwole, commissioners of Education, Health, Energy, Women Affairs, Environment and Commerce, Special Advisers, Special Assistants and other top government officials.
Also at the Airport were former Chief Judges of the state, former Secretaries to the State Government and the representative of the Emir of Ilorin, the Balogun Gambari of Ilorin, Alhaji Aliyu Adebayo Muhammad.
Others include the Talfida of Ilorin, Dr Amuda Aluko, family members, community leaders, students and associates of the late governor.
While handing over the corpse to the younger brother of the deceased, Col. Theophilus Bamigboye (rtd) the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed consoled the family over the loss and promised to continue to stand by the family.
Meanwhile, a Service of Songs for Late General David Bamigboye comes up this evening at the State Banquet Hall, opposite Government House, Ilorin, starting at four o’clock.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum