The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) along with the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), on Friday attended a special jumat prayers for the June 12 democracy day celebrations in the country.
The prayer led by the Chief Imam of the National Mosque Professor Ibrahim Ahmad Makari marked the 23rd years of democratic governance in Nigeria from 1999 to date.
The Chief Imam prayed for the Leadership of the Country at all levels and besiege Almighty Allah for a peaceful and prosperous nation.
The Prayer which attracted members of the Federal Executive Council, National Assembly members, APC Presidential Flagbearer for 2023 election, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Military, Para-military and diplomatic corps was preceeded by a Public Lecture at the National Mosque conference hall.
The topic of the lecture delivered by Dr Muhammad Nurrudeen Lemu was “Democratic Governance in a Multi-religeous Society”
The Special Guest of Honour at the lecture President Muhammadu Buhari was represented by the Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Muhammad Musa Bello and supported by his Counterparts in the Ministry of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) and that of the Ministry of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ