The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is advocating improved synergy between the Military and the Civil Institution in information and intelligence sharing to end insecurity in the Country.
Magashi stated this as distinguished guest of honour at the book launch and public lecture in honour of the Former Chief of Army Staff Lt General Tukur Yusuf Buratai (rtd) titled “The Great Exploits of Buratai” held at the International Conference Centre Abuja.
Represented by his Special Adviser, Technical Services) Major General Ahmed Tijani Jibrin (rtd) the mimister said the military is employing kinetic power and also deploying Non kinetic approach in prosecuting various counter-terrorism and anti- banditry campaigns to restore normalcy in parts of the Country.
While extolling the contributions of Lt General TY Buratai in raising the bar of Counter- terrorism and Civil- Military relations when he was the Chief of Army Staff, he described him as a bridge builder.
The Defence Minister reassured that the Federal Government remains committed to ensuring that the Military pursue its mission in harmony with societal Values, Rule of Law and engagement to end insecurity bedeveling the country.
The Special Guest of honour, Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello of Kogi State eulogised the statesmanship and professionalism of General Buratia in demystifying terrorists to keep the country safe and secured.
The book reviewer Professor Udenta Udenta and the panel of discussants led by the Director General Nigerian Army Resource Center, Major General Garba Ayodeji Wahab as well as other keynote Speakers showered encomiuns on the biographee, the former Army boss Lt Gen Buratai whom they described as an epitome of virtues and an accomplished Infantry General.
The biographee, Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic His Excellency TY Buratai thanked the dignitaries, top Military hierarchies and the author for the honour done him for the launch of the book.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal