First pictures of the victims of Sunday’s plane crash which claimed the lives of four Brazilian footballers and their club president have been revealed.
Palmas defensive midfielder Guilherme Noe, 28; left-back Lucas Praxedes, 23; goalie Ranule Gomes dos Reis, 27; and striker Marcus Molinari, 23, were killed along with Palmas FR president Lucas Meira, 32, and pilot Wagner Machado, 59.
The footballers had just joined the fourth-tier club and were yet to make their debuts before their death.
According to reports, the small aircraft was taking the group to Goiania, around 500 miles away for their Brazilian cup game against Vila Nova on Monday in the Copa Verde. The group were actually traveling separately from the rest of the team because they had tested positive for Covid-19.
The club tweeted on Sunday: ‘The news of the plane crash that claimed the lives of several players as well as the president of Palmas FR has caused us great sadness.
‘Unfortunately, we know what his moment of insurmountable pain caused by irreparable loss is like.
‘We wouldn’t want any other club to feel the same.
‘We would like to express our complete solidarity to the mens’ family and friends and club supporters.
‘You will not go through this alone.’
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung