Newly elected President of the Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy, NSP, Dr. Nnenna Nina Chigbo, has promised to lead a robust engagement/dialogue with other health professionals and the Federal Ministry of Health with a view to finding solutions to the recurrent unhealthy rivalry among them.
This, she noted in her post election speech, has culminated in incessant industrial crises and disharmony in the health sector.
Chigbo explained that “the impact of such disharmony is devastating on the public health system and the Nigerian people bear the burden.”
The president, however, pledged to run an all-inclusive government, “where the voices and legitimate concerns of all our members will be heard and given attention, to guide our actions as NEC.”
“We shall continue to engage other health workers in order to improve inter-professional harmony within the health sector to understand each other and by seeking and pursuing common goals.
“Our administration will take bold and decisive steps in making the impact of the physiotherapy profession felt in relevant government ministries/agencies.
“We will lobby and advocate for recognition of the physiotherapy profession and institutions as major stakeholders in the health sector and in relevant government health policies for the good of the Nigerian people.
“Our society would systematically and strategically engage the necessary government agencies until the recognition of Residency Training Programme and the Physiotherapy Postgraduate College,” Chigbo stressed.
The president promised that the welfare of her members, especially the early career colleagues would be at the front burner of her administration.
Other winners of the election, conducted via electronic, are Dr. Felix Oyinlola, Vice President; Dr. Usman Abba Ahmed, Secretary; Dr. Mfonobong Udoh, Assistant Secretary; Dr. Emelie Moris Anekwu, Financial Secretary; and Dr. Muhammad Aminu Shehu as the Treasurer.
The rest are Dr. Ogbonna Nwajiobi Obi, Public Relations Officer; Dr. Adejugbagbe Muyiwa Kenneth, Public Relations Officer I; Dr. Muslim Muhammad Aliyu, Public Relation Officer II; Dr. Auwal Shittu, Auditor I, Dr. Adebayo Adesola Michael, Auditor II and the immediate past national president, Dr. Rufai Yusuf Ahmad as the Ex-Officio 1.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note