The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has described the unfortunate death of the Chief of Army Staff Lt General Ibrahim Attahiru barely four months in the saddle as a rude shock and saddening.
Magashi in a condolence message issued by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri said the Air misharp that claimed the precious lives of the Chief of Army Staff alongside other senior officers and his aides represent a huge national disaster.
While condoling the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Military and the Nigerian Army in particular as well as his immediate family and Nigeria in general, the Minister described late General Attahiru as a gallant, dogged, disciplined and dedicated senior officer who died in the line of duty to his fatherland.
Magashi recalled his unblemished track records of service to the nation as the Director Army Public Relations,(DAPR), Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole and as the General Officer Commanding, GOC which culminated into his elevation to the enviable status of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) in January this year.
He described his emergence as the Army boss at such a critical times in the nation’s efforts at surmounting her internal security challenges as symbolically strategic but impactfully shortlived in the anals of the service.
“Although the late General died when his service is needed most, his short but eventful tenure as the Chief of Army Staff and over three decades of dedicated, selfless and patriotic service will never been forgotten.
“I pray Almighty Allah to forgive Late Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru and to grant him Al-jannat Firdaus, I besiege God to grant the nation, the Military constituency and his beloved family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss”, the Minister said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections