The National Association of Nigerian Students on Tuesday, condemned the latest attack in Plateau by suspected herdsmen which left more 80 people dead.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that three council areas in the Plateau were attacked leaving scores killed, several others injured and property and homes razed by the attackers last Sunday.
In a statement issued in Enugu, the association condoled with the affected families, government and people of Plateau and urged the Federal Government to urgently address the issue of killings in the country.
The National Public Relations Officer of the association, Mr Bestman Okereafor, made the condemnation in a statement in Enugu.
“With great sadness, the leadership of NANS joins the world and fellow Nigerians in condemning the gruesome murder in some states of the federation, especially the most recent killings in Plateau by suspected herdsmen.
The associated, however, noted with concern that such killing had continued in spite of its repeated appeals to the problem.
“NANS is appealing to Mr President to stand by his promise of protecting Human Rights and fighting human rights abuses, ” Okoroafaor said.
According to him, NANS is not unaware of President Muhammadu Buhari’s claim that desperate politicians are responsible for the killings.
The association, therefore, called on politicians to shun politics of bloodshed, adding that ‘’we remain one big and happy family in Nigeria.’’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign