The management of Plateau United of Jos said the team would not train on Thursday in honour of its Head Coach, Audu Pele, who died on Wednesday afternoon.
The team’s media officer, Albert Dakup, announced this in a statement on Wednesday in Jos.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that Pele, 58, died Wednesday afternoon after a brief illness.
Dakup said the General Manager of the club, Pius Henwan, who gave the directive, described Pele as an unassuming man whose name has been etched in the history of the Nigeria Professional Football League club.
Henwan assured Pele’s immediate family of the club’s support.
The chief coach of the team, Abdu Maikaba, described the deceased as one of the best assistants he ever worked with.
Maikaba explained that the deceased, who stood in for him when he was with the Flying Eagles in 2019, was a reliable assistant.
He commended Pele’s sincerity in handling the affairs of the team and prayed God to grant his soul eternal rest.
“The entire team is expected to use the training-free day to join other mourners in paying their condolences to the family of the late coach,” Maikaba said.
- CBN gives marching order to commercial banks, others
- Update: Coronavirus cases hit 111 in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Abba Kyari gives update of his health and what next
- COVID-19: Message from NACCIMA National President to members
- Covid-19: Dangote donates 600-bed isolation centres to Kano govt
- CORONAVIRUS: Read 65-paragraph address delivered by Buhari
- BREAKING….. COVID-19 HAS NO CURE FOR NOW—- Buhari
- Kwara governor breaks silence, donates 10months salaries to Covid-19 support
- 55yr-old Medical Consultant dies of coronavirus
- BREAKING…… “Unfortunately, I tested positive for coronavirus infection”
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen