A support group, The Osinbajo Think Tank has urged a leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other aspirants to jettison their presidential ambition and back Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, ahead of the 2023 Presidential election.
ROYAL NEWS reports that this was made known in a statement signed by the group’s spokesperson, Mr. Olugbenga Olaoye, in Lagos on Friday.
The statement issued at the end of a-day strategic meeting by members of the group, appealed to Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu and others to consider the strategic role VP Osinbajo will play in developing the country after the 2023 elections.
He said: “No doubt, VP Yemi Osinbajo presents an intimidating credential that can guarantee electoral success for the APC in the presidential elections.
“We therefore appeal to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other stakeholders to rally support for the presidential aspiration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, in the overall interest of the party and our nation, Nigeria.”
The group futher added that it has followed with keen interest, the presidential aspiration of Osinbajo and his efforts at reaching out to stakeholders nationwide on his presidential ambition.
It further pointed out that the Vice President’s commitment to ensuring sustainable growth and development in the Nation cannot go unnoticed.
It also noted that Osinbajo, at this time, has served as a bridge-builder, desirous of one Nigeria and advised the APC leader and other presidential aspirants to throw their weight behind Osinbajo, to emerge as the President in 2023.
The group argued that by doing so, the aspirants would unite the south, ahead of the 2023 elections.
It added that the level of support the vice president has garnered over the past two weeks of consultation across the nation speaks volume of his level of acceptance by Nigerians.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community