The spokesperson of the command, SP Gambo Isah, disclosed this in a statement issued to newsmen in Katsina.
He said: “On Sept. 20, 2021, the Command succeeded in arresting a 30-year-old man from Sabon Garin Faguwa, Dutsinma Local Government Area (LGA), who was residing in the forest.
“He is a notorious bandit commander under the command of Sani Muhidinge, who has been on the wanted list of the police.
“And also, we arrested another notorious bandit, a 22-year-old man of Mai Gezoji, Tashar Mai Alewa, Danmusa LGA.
“The fact of the case was that on Sept. 15, 2021, bandits in their numbers on foot, shooting sporadically with AK-47 rifles, attacked Kitibawa village in Dutsinma LGA.”
Gambo further said: “The bandits killed two villagers, set some shops ablaze and kidnapped 18 women with their seven babies.
“On receipt of the report, Area Commander Dutsinma, ACP Aminu Umar, led a team of Policemen to the area, blocked the bandits and engaged them in a gun duel.
“The doggedness, uncommon courage and tactical operational strategy adopted by the police officers made the bandits flee into the forest with varying degrees of bullet wounds.
“In the course of profiling the scene, two women were rescued and 60 sheep, 34 cows and one donkey were recovered.”
According to Isah, in the course of the investigation and based on credible intelligence, on Sept. 20, 2021, the Command also succeeded in arresting a 45-year-old suspect of Tashar Mai-Alewa, Danmusa LGA.
According to him, the man was suspected to be an informer and supplier of necessities to bandits.
He said another man, aged 34 years, of the same address, a health worker suspected to be offering medical treatment to bandits, was arrested.
“The suspects confessed to the commission of the offence, and investigation is still ongoing,” he said.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution