Ekiti State Police Command has arrested 85 suspects in a sting operation carried out with the operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in black spots in the state.
A statement by the Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Alberto Adeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said the raids were carried out in criminal hideouts at Atikankan, Mathew roundabout, Ijan motor park at Imayo Street and Odo Ado tipper Garage in Ado Ekiti.
“In the process 85 suspects were arrested comprising 83 males two females, 65 wraps of weeds suspected to be Indian hemp and charms were recovered. Some criminals on the command wanted list were also arrested.
“Suspects will be prosecuted as soon as investigation is completed,” he said.
Adeyemi lamented that some hoodlums on December 10 attacked safer highways patrol team 009 on pindown/stop and search duty along Ido-Ifaki Ekiti road with dangerous weapons.
“In the process, one black colour Golf car with Reg No Lagos APP 448 DS conveying 14 goats suspected to be stolen were recovered.
“One Basiru Adebayo ‘m’ was also arrested with bullet wounds and was taken to hospital for medical treatment. Effort is on to arrest the other members of the gang who escaped.”
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair