The Delta State Police Command on Saturday said its operatives have arrested a couple for allegedly stealing two babies during a child christening ceremony at Ebedei Adonishaka in Ukwuani Local Government Area of the state.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Zanna Ibrahim disclosed this on Saturday at a press briefing held in Asaba, the state capital, revealing that the suspected couple who were earlier arrested for burglary also confessed to have stolen a total of nine children in the area.
Ibrahim said the stolen kids were recovered during police search of the home of the suspects identified as Mr Emmanuel Udeagwu, 37, from Ogbe-Ofu Quarters, Issele-Uku and Celestina Enebeli, who hails from Isunpe Utagba-Unor, Ndokwa West on the 13th of November, 2016, by policemen from Umutu Division.
According to the CP, “During interrogation, Emmanuel Udeagwu confessed to the crime and being the brain behind other cases of child stealing in Ukwuani Local Government Area He revealed that he has so far stolen nine children; sold to one Madam Uju and Madam Cash at Asaba who are receivers of stolen children, who in turn sold same to prospective buyers across the Niger.”
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku