The Command’s spokesman, DSP Bright Edafe, who confirmed the incident, gave the names of the suspects as Ozioma Umez, Uchenna Idenyi, Chibuike Nwamgbo and Chiolada Nomha.
He explained that the suspects had allegedly hijacked the truck with registration number DAS 690 ZY at Okpella in Edo State from the driver, Mr. Bature Ibrahim, after tying him and his conductor to a tree, who were inflicted with machete cuts.
According to Edafe, the suspects made away with the truck, but luck ran against them, when acting on a tip off, the patrol team of Illah division trailed the truck to where it was parked along Illah-Asaba road.
He said when the suspects sighted the patrol team, he fled into the bush where they were arrested by the police and local vigilantes with two cutlasses.
The Police spokesman also confirmed the arrest of a 42- year old Musa Kabiru with one locally-made pistol, one live cartridge and four mobile handsets around Issele-Uku axis of Agbor-Asaba expressway.
He said operatives of Dragon 02 patrol were conducting routine stop and search when they intercepted a red Qlink motorcycle with registration number LEG 326 QN, conveying three occupants.
Edafe said upon sighting the patrol team, the occupants abandoned the motorcycle and ran into a nearby bush, adding that the chase led to the arrest of Kabiru.
“ Owners of the phones found in Kabiru’s possession, identified the phones as theirs and the suspect as a member of the gang who robbed them,” he said.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG