Police Commissioner in FCT, Sadiq Abubakar Bello, has announced the discovery of a factory where illegal firearms were stored in Zuba area.
This is contained in a statement on Friday by DSP Anjuguri Manzah, spokesman of the command.
It said following intelligence and discreet Police investigation, operatives uncovered the factory located around Shenagu village near Zuba.
“During a raid on the factory, three suspects were arrested, they include the owner of the factory, Philip John the supplier of ammunitions, Mr Onyegabueze Okpara and the distributor of the arms, one Joseph Bulus”.
The statement reads: “During interrogation, Philip John confessed that he has been doing the illicit business for 17 years and he sells fabricated single-barrel guns to his clients at N20,000 each Read also: Court convicts 5 SARS officials for alleged murder while Dane gun is sold for N10,000. According to him, he also services and repairs malfunctioning guns brought to him by his clients.
Supplier of the ammunitions Mr Onyegabueze Okpara who disguises as a bicycle spare-parts dealer was arrested at Kwaita market in possession of the exhibits which he carefully conceals and sells to criminals.
Okpara narrated that he started the illicit deal since 1997 and that he sells a pack containing 25pieces of live cartridge for N12,000, while single cartridge goes for N500, he also Read also: Gunmen hijack bus, kidnapped 3 in Rivers confessed that he gets his supply from Onitsha.
Further more, Joseph Bulus, the major link that connects the principal suspect with potential buyers of the fabricated firearms, was arrested at Zuba. The suspects will be charged to court on conclusion of investigation.”
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn