Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, on Tuesday, barricaded the venue of the protest against the Federal Government’s position declaring the establishment of Operation Amotekun as illegal.
The protest, expected to hold at the Gani Fawehinmi Park, was organized by the Yoruba World Congress. It was tagged as “Amotekun Solidarity Walk”.
It would be recalled that the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, had in a statement, described the Western Nigeria Security network tagged: ‘Operation Amotekun’ as illegal.
At the venue of the protest, over 20 police vans with armed policemen were present to prevent the group from accessing the park.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections