Police in Ogoja, in Cross River State have engaged some armed robbers in a gun battle.
The robbers attempted to snatch a ford galaxy with registration Number SDA 359 XA Taraba from the owner.
The incident occurred in the early hours of Tuesday in Ogoja Local Government Area of Cross River State.
An eyewitness who declined giving his name told DAILY POST that the suspects numbering about seven wore Mobile Police uniform with their superior carrying ranks of Deputy Superintendent of Police.
He said they attacked their victim at about 9.50 am on Tuesday. He said, “At about 9.50am on Tuesday, the Ogoja Divisional Police Officer (DPO) CSP Haruna Adamu got a distress call that there was an armed robbery operation at Mbok Ikpokriyang, junction.
“The DPO mobilized Police patrol team led by the Divisional Crime Officer, DSP Anthony Dzungwe. They went after the robbers who were in a vehicle, a Toyota Corolla 1998, Dark Ash, with registration number – AJ 340 RLU
“The suspects numbering about seven wore Police Mobile uniform, abandoned their vehicle, ford galaxy – navy blue with registration Number SDA 359 XA Taraba and took to their heels.
“They escaped into a thick forest in the area” our source stated, adding that the police recovered the vehicle used by the robbers and also recovered the vehicle of their victim.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ms Irene Ugbo told our correspondent on phone on Tuesday that though the armed robbers escaped, the two vehicles were recovered.
“Although there was no arrest, police chased the suspects, but they escaped into the thick forest, but their vehicle and that of their victim were recovered. The matter is being investigated,” she added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections