The police in Niger state have killed two kidnappers in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger state and recovered the sum of N1.1m out of the N2m the suspects earlier collected from their victim.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the state police command, DSP Babalola Adewole stated this in a press statement issued in Minna yesterday.
He said that one Bashir Alhaji Nadarare of Karaya village in Rafi local government was kidnapped on 4th of July 2017 by the hoodlums and released on 12th September 2017 after paying a ransom of two million naira.
He said, “on 13/09/2017 the gun men were sighted around Rima hills Kagara, a team of police detectives attached to Kagara Division mobilized and raided the hideout. The hoodlums engaged the police in gun duel which lasted for hours, two of the hoodlums were fatally injured”.
He said that two AK 49 rifles and 20 rounds of ammunition and the sum of N1.1m being part of the ransom paid by the relatives of the victim were recovered.
He said that other members of the gang escaped with bullet wounds and called on all hospitals within the area to report cases of bullet wounds to the police.
Meanwhile the police have also arrested two persons in connection with the murder of one Terna Cletus in Tarfa local government of the state.
Adebowale said that the suspects were students of Durben Polytechnic in Garam while they reside in Azeh Garam village of Tafa local government area.
He also said that the police have arrested a 25 years old man, Umar Hamisu from Lapia town for raping an eight year old girl who was hawking groundnuts before she was lured by the man.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign