The Ondo State Police Command has arrested 12 persons in connection with robberies in the state.
The suspects include Friday Odiri, Monday Odiri, Monday Abiodun, Akintunde Henry, Abiodun Tunde, Ayodele Ayobami and Ayoh Genesis.
Others are Oluwafemi Ayodeji, Kola Ogunbiyi, Seun Ayodele, Ogonejobo Partick and Felix Ugwuanyi.
Parading the suspects on Monday at the police command headquarters in Akure, the state capital, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the men were arrested at different locations in the state, adding that they had been allegedly terrorising the residents.
Joseph explained that some of the suspects robbed their victims on highways, while others snatched vehicles and motorcycles at gunpoint.
He said items recovered from the suspects included guns and cutlasses, adding that they had confessed to various crimes, as well as being members of cults.
The police spokesman stated that some suspected robbers fled dring police raids, noting that efforts were ongoing to arrest them.
“Investigation is in progress and these suspects would be charged to court as soon as possible,” he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption