The Ondo State Police Command has arrested 12 persons in connection with robberies in the state.
The suspects include Friday Odiri, Monday Odiri, Monday Abiodun, Akintunde Henry, Abiodun Tunde, Ayodele Ayobami and Ayoh Genesis.
Others are Oluwafemi Ayodeji, Kola Ogunbiyi, Seun Ayodele, Ogonejobo Partick and Felix Ugwuanyi.
Parading the suspects on Monday at the police command headquarters in Akure, the state capital, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the men were arrested at different locations in the state, adding that they had been allegedly terrorising the residents.
Joseph explained that some of the suspects robbed their victims on highways, while others snatched vehicles and motorcycles at gunpoint.
He said items recovered from the suspects included guns and cutlasses, adding that they had confessed to various crimes, as well as being members of cults.
The police spokesman stated that some suspected robbers fled dring police raids, noting that efforts were ongoing to arrest them.
“Investigation is in progress and these suspects would be charged to court as soon as possible,” he added.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector