Alabi, who disclosed this when the State House of Assembly Committee on Security paid him a courtesy visit in Bauchi on Wednesday, said that the police was working assiduously to consolidate on the efforts of 2020, to combat crime and related cases in the state.
“The command recorded over 2,733 different cases of civil and criminal infractions of the law in recent times. The cases include armed robbery, rape and recoveries of live bullets and ammunition during the period under review,” the commissioner said
He lamented that kidnapping and banditry had constituted a serious menace, saying, “we are not going to rest, we will continue to fight crime and get rid of the bad eggs in society’’.
Alabi pointed out said that most of the crimes were perpetrated by outsiders, with internal accomplices, and that they would soon be dislodged from the state.
The commissioner disclosed that the command had perfected plans to re-strategise on reinvigorating community policing in the state.
“We are going to meet with relevant stakeholders to put the entire community on red alert,” he said.
He reiterated his commitment to organise a workshop to train Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) on the need for them to redouble their efforts at fighting crime.
Earlier, Alhaji Sabo Sade, Chairman, committee on security of the State House of Assembly emphasised that the assembly was ready for collaboration on information sharing to fight crime.
Sade noted that there had been an upsurge in cases of rape, kidnapping and banditry, hence the need for the police commissioner to put in all the strategies necessary to counter such vices in the state.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn