Five people who were kidnapped by bandits in Jemaa and Igabi local government areas of Kaduna state have been rescued by the police.
The state police spokesperson, Mohammed Jalinge confirmed the development in a statement released on Tuesday June 8.
Jalinge said the bandits had intercepted a vehicle along Jagindi Godo-Godo road in Jemaa local government on Monday June 7, and abducted the occupants. They were however given a hot chase by police officers who were notified of the abduction, three people were rescued unhurt.
The police spokesperson also disclosed that operatives of the command on the same date, rescued a woman and her daughter from bandits in Rigasa area of Igabi local government area of the state.
He said police officers were mobilized after receiving report of bandits invading the residence of one Abdulganiyu Husseini of Mahuta Community, kidnapping him, his wife and daughter and heading to the forest.
A gunfight between the police and the bandits forced them to abandon Husseini’s wife and her daughter. He was however whisked away. Effort have been intensified to rescue the victim and arrest the culprits.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections