Two children kidnapped in Rivers state have been rescued by the state police command.
Three suspects linked to the kidnap of the children aged four and 12 were also arrested. The victims were kidnapped from their mother’s shop on September 25, 2020.
The state Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka who paraded the suspects, said the command rescued the children following a covert operation on June 2021, and February 23, 2022, respectively.
The arrested suspects identified as Favour Ajuzie, 30 years old, Chioma Chibuike, 43 years old, and Comfort Abtuo, 56, are currently under investigation and would be charged to court immediately.
“You could recall that on 25th of September 2020, two little children were stolen from their mother in her shop, the children are Favour Boniface and Miracle Boniface, and just two days ago on the 23rd of February, 2022, we were able to rescue that little girl and arrest three suspects in connection with that matter.
“Favour Ajuzie 30, stole the little baby in conjunction with Chioma Chibuike 43 years and sold the baby to Comfort Abatuo, 56, and that child had been living with that woman since then until the child was rescued”
The police commissioner also said they are on the trail of other fleeing members of the gang.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets