Two children kidnapped in Rivers state have been rescued by the state police command.
Three suspects linked to the kidnap of the children aged four and 12 were also arrested. The victims were kidnapped from their mother’s shop on September 25, 2020.
The state Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka who paraded the suspects, said the command rescued the children following a covert operation on June 2021, and February 23, 2022, respectively.
The arrested suspects identified as Favour Ajuzie, 30 years old, Chioma Chibuike, 43 years old, and Comfort Abtuo, 56, are currently under investigation and would be charged to court immediately.
“You could recall that on 25th of September 2020, two little children were stolen from their mother in her shop, the children are Favour Boniface and Miracle Boniface, and just two days ago on the 23rd of February, 2022, we were able to rescue that little girl and arrest three suspects in connection with that matter.
“Favour Ajuzie 30, stole the little baby in conjunction with Chioma Chibuike 43 years and sold the baby to Comfort Abatuo, 56, and that child had been living with that woman since then until the child was rescued”
The police commissioner also said they are on the trail of other fleeing members of the gang.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal