Myanmar Authorities on Sunday seized 7.7 kilogrammes of heroin in Sagaing Region, according to a release from the Central Committee for Drug Abuse Control (CCDAC).
Acting on a tip-off, the joint police force made a seizure during their operation in Salingyi Township on Saturday.
Heroin worth 770 million kyats ($550,000) were confiscated from a car.
The township police filed a case against 10 suspects in connection with the case and further investigation is underway under the country’s Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Law, the release said.
According to a latest release issued by the President’s Office, a total of 1,246 drug-related cases were registered across Myanmar while 1,922 people were charged in connection with the cases as of July 11 this year, since the formation of the Drug Activity Special Complaint Department on June 26, 2018.
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra