The Lagos State Police Command on Monday uncovered a printing press where election materials meant for the election holding in Ekiti State were being printed.
According to The Cable, the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, led some detectives to the printing press located at 13A and 13B, Oguntona street, Gbagada area of the state, on Monday.
The Police said it learnt from intelligence information that ballot papers meant for Saturday’s governorship poll in Ekiti state were being printed at the printing press.
Two persons were arrested when the Police stormed the company.
READ ALSO: Adeosun applied for exemption, alleged forged certificate under probe –NYSC
Among the items the Police said were discovered at the printing press include a booklet of form belonging to Ekiti State Independent Electoral Commission (EKSIEC), as well as a copy of the state’s voter card register.
Briefing journalists after the raid, Edgal said: “On July 8, an intelligence report from a credible source was received by the Command that ballot papers meant for the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Ekiti were being printed in a company, O’Naphtali Limited, located at 13B Oguntona crescent, Gbagada, Lagos.
“The company is owned by one Eniola Fayose. The report further revealed that some of the printed ballot papers were moved to Ekiti in three Hilux vans on Friday July 6, while the artworks were still in the company’s graphic computers.
“Based on the report, I led a contingent of policemen to the location, to verify the information.
“At the scene, it was also discovered that the buildings are being used for general printing/art work,” Edgal said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment