In less than 24 hours to the Presidential and National Assembly elections, the Council of National Youth Leaders of Political Parties in Nigeria, CNYLPP, has endorsed the candidature of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Endorsement of Atiku by the youth leaders cutting across 12 political parties was contained in a statement signed to that effect by the National Youth Leader of KOWA party and coordinator of the Council, Olawole Olakunle.
According to him, Atiku’s endorsement was necessitated by his affirmative action plan of quality youth inclusion in his government if elected.
The council in the statement noted that though it respects the genuine aspirations of other presidential candidates of other parties in the presidential race, endorsing Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP became necessary in view of his affirmative action plan on youth inclusiveness in governance.
The statement reads in part: “Young Nigerians who form over 50% of the country’s population are concerned about the affairs of government that directly affects them politically and at such are ready to help in the mission to salvage the affairs of this nation.
“The council in furtherance to adopting Atiku Abubakar on the basis of his youth affirmative action plan of ensuring a minimum of 40% youth inclusion in his cabinet, wish to also state that it has watched closely the activities preceding the emergence of Nigeria’s next president, looking closely into the manifesto, campaign, antecedents of candidates and outlined economic policies, conclusively decided that it is of utmost importance to ensure that we all get Nigeria working again.
“We believe in the rule of law, good economic policies, quality youth representation and consistent democratic tendencies that would help make our polity better over time, all of which Alhaji Atiku Abubakar possesses.
“It is in this vein we endorse the candidacy of Atiku”.
National Youth Leaders of the parties involved in the endorsement, are those of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alliance for Democracy, AD, Accord Party and All Progressives Grand Alliance. APGA.
Others are , PPA, ADP, ACD, DPP, YDP and APA.
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo