Pope Francis on Monday offered his All Souls prayers especially for those who lost their lives due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“Today we pray for all the #Faithful Departed and especially for the victims of the #Coronavirus, for those who have died alone, without the caress of their loved ones; and for those who have given their lives serving the sick,’’ the pontiff wrote on Twitter.
Later in the day, Francis was due to lead an All Souls mass in the Teutonic Cemetery within the grounds of the Vatican and pray by the graves of his predecessors in the Vatican Grottoes under St Peter’s Basilica.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50