RAP star Lil Wayne was rushed to hospital on Sunday after he reportedly suffered “multiple seizures” and was found unconscious in his Chicago hotel room.
The 34-year-old star, who has epilepsy, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after being found unresponsive during his stay at The Westin hotel, according to a report from TMZ.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Rapper Lil Wayne performs during the 2015 iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada September 18, 2015
Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., had been set to perform in Las Vegas late last night.
According to TMZ, members of Wayne’s team tried to have him discharged from hospital on Sunday afternoon so he could perform at the Las Vegas show, but doctors advised against the move.
Lil Wayne has reportedly been hospitalized in Chicago after suffering ‘multiple epileptic seizures’AP:ASSOCIATED PRESS
It comes more than a year after the rap star, whose Grammy wins include the best rap album award in 2008 for Tha Carter III, was treated after suffering what his reps called two minor seizures.
Epilepsy is a condition of the brain which can disrupt the electrical communication between neurons in the nervous system.
This often leads to seizures, a sudden event that can change a person’s awareness, behavior or feeling.
The condition is typically diagnosed when a person has two or more unprovoked fits separated by at least 24 hours.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List