Sheikh Habeeb Abdullahi Al-Ilory, proprietor of Markaz Arabic and Islamic Training Institute, Agege, Lagos, reportedly suffered a stroke during a sermon in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
The incident occurred during the Nikkah ceremony of the daughter of former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Alfa Belgore.
YGIST reported that Habeeb who dressed to the occasion in a white Agbada and green cap had barely started the sermon when he collapsed.
An eyewitness, who gave his name as Yinusa, said the whole scenario lasted for about two hours after the cleric arrived at the event.
Habeeb was later admitted at the Stroke Unit of the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH), and a top medical officer at the hospital confirmed that the cleric suffered a stroke and had been admitted at the Stroke Unit of the UITH.
The medical officer said;
“He was rushed to UITH on Thursday and it was later discovered that he suffered a stroke. He is at the Stroke Unit of the UITH.”
A member of the Mufti’s cabinet who preferred not to be named said;
“Baba (Sheikh Habeeb) is getting better and very soon, you will see him back on stage.
“Nobody is free from such a test no matter how highly placed his position and status is in society.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign