The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has advised intending Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem pray fervently for the peace and harmony of the nation in the face of the current insecurity posing threat on her unity
Saraki also charged them to be good ambassadors of Kwara State stressing that the opportunity availed them should be well harnessed in the interest of the nation and humanity at large.
The senate president who spoke through the Chairman of Abubakar Bukola Saraki Hajj, Umrah and Jerusalem committee, Justice Idris Haroon, at a sensitisation organised for beneficiaries in Ilorin on Tuesday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Haroon who is also a retired Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Ilorin stressed the need for the intending pilgrims to be law abiding, exhibit good conduct and patriotism while in Jerusalem.
He however advised them to shun all acts capable to f tarnishing the image of the state and nation at large adding that the exercise should used to reflect on positive measures that can rescue the nation from her current challenges.
Speaking on behalf of other beneficiaries, Pastor David Modupe of the Church Leaders and Ministers Fellowship of Nigeria, thanked Saraki for the opportunity adding that other Nigerians should emulate his kindheartedness and gesture towards religions propagation.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers