The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has advised intending Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem pray fervently for the peace and harmony of the nation in the face of the current insecurity posing threat on her unity
Saraki also charged them to be good ambassadors of Kwara State stressing that the opportunity availed them should be well harnessed in the interest of the nation and humanity at large.
The senate president who spoke through the Chairman of Abubakar Bukola Saraki Hajj, Umrah and Jerusalem committee, Justice Idris Haroon, at a sensitisation organised for beneficiaries in Ilorin on Tuesday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Haroon who is also a retired Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Ilorin stressed the need for the intending pilgrims to be law abiding, exhibit good conduct and patriotism while in Jerusalem.
He however advised them to shun all acts capable to f tarnishing the image of the state and nation at large adding that the exercise should used to reflect on positive measures that can rescue the nation from her current challenges.
Speaking on behalf of other beneficiaries, Pastor David Modupe of the Church Leaders and Ministers Fellowship of Nigeria, thanked Saraki for the opportunity adding that other Nigerians should emulate his kindheartedness and gesture towards religions propagation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community