It was a sad news on Wednesday when a pregnant woman was crushed to death by a truck in the Molete area of Ibadan, Oyo State.
The accident, which occurred under the Molete flyover, left many in shock as the deceased and two men were caught in the middle of the road by the speeding truck while attempting to cross over to the other side of the road.
Eyewitnesses said the deceased and the men were trying to beat the oncoming truck by running across the road to the other side, but the pregnant woman fell in the process and was crushed to death.
The two men, however, managed to escape unhurt.
The corpse of the victim was evacuated and deposited in the morgue of the Oyo State Specialist Hospital, Adeoyo, by officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps.
The spokesman for the FRSC in Oyo State, Mr Seun Onijala, confirmed the accident, adding that officials of the agency quickly moved to the area and cleared the obstruction to traffic, and deposited the corpse in the morgue.
Onijala, who is the Deputy Route Commander, said the articulated DAF 85 truck had no number plate.
The driver was said to have been arrested and detained by the police.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister