The Special Assistant on new media to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mrs. Lauretta Onochie, has disclosed that former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar cannot win in his local government if he contests the 2019 presidential election.
It would be recalled that Abubakar, who returned to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday said he will defeat Buhari if he contests in 2019. Read also: 2019: APC is better off without Atiku in the party – Oyegun
Onochie speaking on Channels TV said Atiku had lost touch with reality, while trying to bring President Buhari down to wallow with him in the mud.
She said “Atiku may have had that weight some years ago but over the years he’s been losing that weight and at the moment, I can tell you that even in his local government area in his native Adamawa, he can’t win any election. Read also: Commissioner for happiness defends her office, tells critics to “keep quiet”
“So, where is the weight? I think Alhaji Abubakar Atiku has lost touch with reality; I think he needs to check again.
“He is known to hobnob from one party to the other when he cannot have control in that party.
“President Buhari is not competing with him at the moment. What he’s trying to do is to pull President Buhari out of the good work he’s doing and to come to wallow in the mud with him.
“The president also knows that the ban on politics has not been lifted; so, he is not going to come out to wallow in the mud with him.” Read also: PhotoNews: Gov. Ahmed bags FELLOWSHIP of FEDPOFFA
When asked on APC’s failure to provide employment, Onochie said the money laundered in the previous administration was to be blamed.
“The Buhari-led government cannot be said to have failed as jobs are being created every day. It is doing all the best it can. I will not accept nor agree that this government has failed in the aspect of job creation”, she said.
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr