The widespread reports that at least 35 aides to Nigeria’s vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, have been sacked is yet to be officially confirmed.
The office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) has denied the the report.
The Director of Press, Willie Bassey, disclosed that such action did not take place, adding he was not aware of any sack of the vice president’s aides as had been reported.
“I am not aware. People have been calling me to ask. Nobody has informed me of any such development,” the director said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation