President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the former Managing Director of National Concord Newspapers and first female Editor-in-Chief of a daily, Dr Doyinsola Abiola on her 73rd birthday.
The President’s congratulatory message is contained in a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Wednesday.
According to the statement, Buhari joins the media and banking industry, the Abiola family and all friends and well-wishers of the highly resourceful and intellectually savvy journalist in celebrating the many years of laudable achievements and awards.
The President also lauded Abiola’s pacesetting role for women in journalism.
He noted that Abiola’s contributions to the grooming and mentoring of many journalists in Nigeria, both in the broadcast and print, had contributed to the vibrancy, and growing number of reputable professionals and media houses in the country.
Buhari extolled Abiola’s strength of character, managerial skills and visionary leadership in all her engagements, which also saw her serving as the Chairman of the Integrated Micro-Finance Bank Plc.
The President prayed that the Almighty God would grant Dr Abiola longer life, good health and more wisdom to keep inspiring the younger generation.
Doyinsola Abiola, wife of late MKO Abiola, was the pioneer female Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of Concord Group of Newspapers.
A veteran journalist, Abiola was onetime recipient of the Wole Soyinka Lifetime Award for Journalistic excellence.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates