Presidential election results update from Kano
Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, Presidential Candidate of the New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), is leading with 270,000 votes in the 38 local government areas of Kano State so far declared at the state collation centre of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
With 464,133 votes, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is next to Kwankwaso, while Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has secured 86,162 votes.
Peter Obi of Labour Party trails with 8,926 votes.
Out of the 38 Local Government Areas (LGAs) announced so far, NNPP won 29, while APC cleared the remaining nine.
Both LP and PDP’ are yet to win a LG.
Meanwhile, collation of results in the state will resume by 10am on Monday.
Below is the breakdown:
LGAs announced: 38 (out of 44)
Results by LGA
APC – 9
LP – 0
NNPP – 29
PDP – 0
Results by cumulated votes
APC – 464,133
LP – 8,926
NNPP – 742,362
PDP – 86,162
NNPP leading by 278,229
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG