The former Vice Chancellor of the university of Ilorin and one of the governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), Professor Shuaib Oba AbdulRaheem has reaffirmed his membership of the APC.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the varsity don refuted claims that he had decamped to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, stressing that the allegation is falsehood and misleading.
According to him in a statement issued on Sunday in Ilorin from his media office, “There’s no doubt that Barr. Razak Olatunde Atunwa, the Kwara state PDP governorship candidate visited Prof. Shuaib Oba in his Adewole residence last night.
“But his plea that Professor Oba should support his gubernatorial ambition was outrightly rejected. Infact, Prof categorically told him that he (Atunwa) & his boss lack the political staying power to lure him into supporting them or pitching tent with them in the same political camp.
“He is resolute about championing the cause to emancipate Kwara state from the shackles of the oppressive dynasty that had smother the masses of Kwara state for decades. Prof. Oba remains in APC & nobody should entertain any fear about his derailment from the cause he has personally championed & jealously nursed over the years.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ