The former Vice Chancellor of the university of Ilorin and one of the governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), Professor Shuaib Oba AbdulRaheem has reaffirmed his membership of the APC.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the varsity don refuted claims that he had decamped to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, stressing that the allegation is falsehood and misleading.
According to him in a statement issued on Sunday in Ilorin from his media office, “There’s no doubt that Barr. Razak Olatunde Atunwa, the Kwara state PDP governorship candidate visited Prof. Shuaib Oba in his Adewole residence last night.
“But his plea that Professor Oba should support his gubernatorial ambition was outrightly rejected. Infact, Prof categorically told him that he (Atunwa) & his boss lack the political staying power to lure him into supporting them or pitching tent with them in the same political camp.
“He is resolute about championing the cause to emancipate Kwara state from the shackles of the oppressive dynasty that had smother the masses of Kwara state for decades. Prof. Oba remains in APC & nobody should entertain any fear about his derailment from the cause he has personally championed & jealously nursed over the years.”
- EFCC takes over Uzor Kalu’s properties after conviction
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police