The former Vice Chancellor of the university of Ilorin and one of the governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), Professor Shuaib Oba AbdulRaheem has reaffirmed his membership of the APC.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the varsity don refuted claims that he had decamped to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, stressing that the allegation is falsehood and misleading.
According to him in a statement issued on Sunday in Ilorin from his media office, “There’s no doubt that Barr. Razak Olatunde Atunwa, the Kwara state PDP governorship candidate visited Prof. Shuaib Oba in his Adewole residence last night.
“But his plea that Professor Oba should support his gubernatorial ambition was outrightly rejected. Infact, Prof categorically told him that he (Atunwa) & his boss lack the political staying power to lure him into supporting them or pitching tent with them in the same political camp.
“He is resolute about championing the cause to emancipate Kwara state from the shackles of the oppressive dynasty that had smother the masses of Kwara state for decades. Prof. Oba remains in APC & nobody should entertain any fear about his derailment from the cause he has personally championed & jealously nursed over the years.”
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt