It will be recalled that Deborah Yakubu, a 200-level home economics student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, was killed at about 9:00 a.m. for allegedly criticising Prophet Muhammad.
Her killing has sparked nationwide outrage, with political and religious leaders demanding urgent arrest and prosecution of all suspects.
Checks revealed that the governor said the directive was issued “in pursuance of peace and order in Sokoto metropolis and the entire state.”
Violent outbreaks have been reported across Sokoto on Saturday amidst protests for the release of those responsible for Thursday’s killing of Ms Samuel.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year