Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) holders would be employed to teach in Primary and Secondary schools in Osun State, the governorship candidate of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP), Busuyi Ayowole, has promised
Busuyi speaking shortly after he won the primary election of PRP held at NUJ Press Centre, Osogbo capital of Osun at the weekend
said he would prioritise technology to ensure self-sufficiency, food security, job creation, good health system among the citizens of Osun.
He stressed, “I will ensure upgrade of Osun educational system by sponsoring all teachers already in service and those to be recruited for special courses so they can acquire advanced skills in the use of ICT in pedagogy. Our administration will pioneer the employment of a good number of well-remunerated PhD holders to serve as special cadre teachers in our primary and secondary schools.
“We will attract expatriates to our higher institution system to speed up the development of academic activities to global best practices to enable all universities and higher institutions of learning will permanently rise to the top positions within 10 years. Appointment of academic staff will be solely based on merit, experience and ability to attract external grants and research funds to our academic institutions.”
He added that his administration will facilitate education loans and bursaries for students of Osun State.
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule