The camp of popular actress, Funke Akindele, appears to be in the cold. What could have been a major breakthrough for her by featuring in the blockbuster movie ‘Avengers: Infinity Wars’, is shrouded in mystery, as R gathered that against news doing the rounds, the actress was never cast in the movie.
Findings by R on Friday revealed that Akindele, who is married to Bello, a popular Nigerian musician otherwise known as JJC, was not aware of such role in the movie as she was never contacted.
The social media had been buzzling since last week when news came to town that Akindele was one of the cast in the Avengers: Infinity Wars, a development that saw many of her colleagues dropping goodwill messages at her instance on their social media platforms.
While the rumour continued unabated all through the week, the actress, who is famous for her comedy movie, Jenifer’s Diary, neither confirmed nor debunked the news, but rather kept quiet leaving her fans to keep debating on the yet to-be released movie.
A new twist to the drama would soon emerge as another popular screen diva, Genevieve Nnaji was said to have replaced Akindele on the movie with many people claiming that Genevieve could have been drafted into the scene because she was more exposed and would appeal better to the international community.
R, however, gathered that neither Akindele nor Genevieve was involved in the cast list of the movie that would parade the international actors such as Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris pratt (Star-Lord), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) among others.
R also learnt that Akindele was not billed to be part of the latest Avengers Infinity as her name was said to have been added by a hacker.
Avengers: Infinity War an upcoming American superhero film is scheduled to be released in the United States on May 4.
Read also:Paul Bocuse dies at 91
Efforts to reach Akindele and Genevieve on the matter proved abortive as their publicists declined comment
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison