The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has charged Muslims of Ilorin and its environs to remain committed to teachings of Allah in the quest to getting maximum rewards while Ramadan fasting lasted.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari who spoke through his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona shortly after a consultation meeting by the Ilorin Emirate Council and the Council of Ulama at the ancient palace of Ilorin.
The Emir had earlier consulted with the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar CFR, the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Garbai Ibn El-Kanemi as well as other prominent traditional rulers across the country to confirm the Eid-el-Fitr sallah declaration.
According to the Emir, “We couldn’t confirm that the crescent for the commencement of Shawwal was sighted anywhere in Nigeria and beyond, after due consultation with other leaders of faith, it is obvious that this year’s Ramadan fasting shall complete 30.
“I hereby urge all muslims of Ilorin Emirate and beyond, to continue the spiritual obligation tomorrow while Thursday shall be 1st Shawwal. This is in line with the directive of the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs. May Almighty Allah accept all our Ibadah and grant us the mercies to witness many more years in the service of Almighty Allah.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections