Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has congratulated Muslims worldwide on the dawn of another Ramadan fast, calling it a new opportunity to get closer to our creator through fasting, alms-giving, and seeking forgiveness.
In a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, late Friday, the Governor said: “the fasting month is always a lifetime chance for the Muslims to take advantage of God’s abundant mercies to forgive sins and answer prayers in the month in which the Holy Qur’an was revealed and during which the Night of Majesty is witnessed once again.
“I join the rest of the Muslim community to thank God Almighty for this one-of-its-kind window of mercies during which prayers are answered like never before and rewards for good deeds are given in manifolds,” the statement said.
“I congratulate the leader of the faith in Kwara State and Emir of Ilorin Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari and the entire Muslim community in the state and beyond. While reflecting on the inimitable Words of Allah and rededicating ourselves to Him in this holy month, I appeal to everyone to seize this opportunity to pray for our state, Nigeria, and the human race at large.
“Let us also use this opportunity to extend more support to the poor and the silent majority among us in exchange for Allah’s rewards.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates