As Nigerian Muslims began this year’s Ramadan fast, the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, have called on the faithful to pray for peace, security and economic prosperity of the country.
Saraki, in a goodwill message, to mark the beginning of the holy month, signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, in Abuja, noted that since fasting symbolizes internal cleansing and spiritual renewal, the country can benefit tremendously from the prayers of the faithful during the period.
He said: “It is my prayer that Allah accepts the earnest prayers and sacrifices of the Muslim Ummah during this Holy Month. May we emerge better, both at the individual and national levels, after this spiritual exercise.
“Let’s us seek an end to recurring killings, kidnapping and all forms of insecurity in our country. As community leaders and members of the Islamic faith, we have a responsibility to work for peace in our communities in particular, and the country in general.
“We cannot afford to gloss over the present level of insecurity and harsh economic realities in our country. Therefore, let us pray earnestly for Allah’s intervention in the socio-economic life of our people,” he stated.
Saraki also called on all leaders both at the national and state levels to put in place policies and programmes that would directly benefit the people and gainfully engage the nation’s growing youth population.
Also, Ekweremadu in his goodwill message, signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Uche Anichukwu urged Nigerians to stand united in prayers in the Holy month of Ramadan.
He said the nation’s challenges, though many, were surmountable if prayers and the right attitudes were applied.
“At Ramadan, let the nation unite in prayer, for the spirit of unity, love, forgiveness, justice, and peaceful co-existence to prevail in the nation, for with these, we can easily surmount other challenges.
“Importantly, I urge our Muslim brothers and sisters to also offer special prayers for members of our armed forces and security agencies, who are grappling with enormous security challenges at the moment”, Ekweremadu stated.
He wished the Muslim faithful a spiritually rewarding month of Ramadan.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide