A Muslim cleric, Ishaq Gbadegesin, who allegedly fingered his
daughter’s private part, was on Tuesday arraigned before a Lagos
Magistrate Court sitting in Igbosere.
Gbadegesin, 43, who resides at No. 8, Humuani St., Shomolu, Lagos,
pleaded not guilty to a two-count charge bordering on sexual assault.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Innocent Odugbo, told the court that the accused committed the offences on Nov. 7, at 4:00 p.m. at his residence.
He said that the accused sexually assaulted his 15-year-old daughter by putting his fingers into the private part of the girl.
“The accused also indecently assaulted his daughter by asking her to rub his penis at nights,” Odugbu said.
He said that the offences contravened Sections 136 and 261 Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The Magistrate, Mrs A. O. Awogboro in her ruling granted bail to the accused in the sum of N100, 000 and two sureties in like sum.
She said that the sureties must be gainfully employed, their addresses be verified and one of them must be a blood relation to the accused.
Awogboro adjourned the case till Dec. 14 for mention
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL