A Muslim cleric, Ishaq Gbadegesin, who allegedly fingered his
daughter’s private part, was on Tuesday arraigned before a Lagos
Magistrate Court sitting in Igbosere.
Gbadegesin, 43, who resides at No. 8, Humuani St., Shomolu, Lagos,
pleaded not guilty to a two-count charge bordering on sexual assault.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Innocent Odugbo, told the court that the accused committed the offences on Nov. 7, at 4:00 p.m. at his residence.
He said that the accused sexually assaulted his 15-year-old daughter by putting his fingers into the private part of the girl.
“The accused also indecently assaulted his daughter by asking her to rub his penis at nights,” Odugbu said.
He said that the offences contravened Sections 136 and 261 Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The Magistrate, Mrs A. O. Awogboro in her ruling granted bail to the accused in the sum of N100, 000 and two sureties in like sum.
She said that the sureties must be gainfully employed, their addresses be verified and one of them must be a blood relation to the accused.
Awogboro adjourned the case till Dec. 14 for mention
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74