Nnamdi Kanu’s father, His Royal Highness, Isaac Okwu Kanu, has warned the Nigerian government against re-arresting the IPOB leader.
The statement was made after the recent move by the Federal Government to get his son re-arrested, Royal news has gathered.
Pa kanu said “re-arresting my son would spell doom for the country, Kanu, the traditional ruler of Afara Ukwu Ibeku in Umuahia North Local Government area of Abia state also sent an SOS to the United Nations, alleging that the Federal Government planned to kill his son.
” When they talk of re-arresting him, it means they want to kill him, but God will not allow them because my son has done nothing wrong. “I am using this opportunity to call on the United Nations to call the Nigerian government to order because they are planning to kill my son.
My son did not do anything, government should go after those who have committed offence against Nigeria, “Why will they want to re-arrest him? Did he kill anybody? Did he flout the constitution? Some people are saying that my son, flouted the bail condition given him by a Federal High Court in Abuja, but the question remains, what type of bail condition was that? “Is it possible that a person of my son’s standing in the society could stay without meeting up to 10 persons in a day or week? “So, the said bail condition was against his fundamental human rights.
“But that notwithstanding, I know what we are passing through in my palace; trying to stop people from coming here, but there is a limit to which we can do that. “Initially, the major gate to my palace had always been open, but since he came back, that gate has always been shut and we did that to stop people from gaining access to the compound. So, I don’t know what they are talking about.”
When asked what will happen if his son is rearrested, the monarch said, “Yes, re-arresting my son will definitely cause more problems for the country. Why would they re-arrest my son; to kill him? God and our people will not allow that to happen.
He also added that “they should realize that Nnamdi has a boy he has not set his eyes on since he was born and it was out of respect for the laws of the land that made him not to go to London to see that boy.”
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children