The Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial District on the platform of the All Progressives Congress has told his constituency to reelect him because he stands a chance of becoming the Senate President.
Uba who spoke at a rally in Oko, Orumba North Local Government area of the state on Saturday said through hard work, the APC had gained acceptability nation-wide
He said, “I’ve a better chance to become the Senate President, having been in the senate for eight years and attained the status of a ranking senator.”
“President Buhari in 2015 was ready to make an Igbo man the Senate president, but he could not find a ranking Igbo senator from the area in the APC, then.
“We urge you to vote for President Buhari, and also for me as the senator of this district. Senate Presidency is a bigger position than even the governor of a state.
“So, if we get the Senate presidency, it will mean having something more than a governor in our district.”
Uba who doubles as the Anambra State Chairman of President Muhamadu Buhari Campaign Council predicted a landslide victory for Buhari and the APC in the February 16 poll in the state.
He said, “In 2015, did you see this kind of crowd converge on any part of the state for APC? It did not happen. The people were aloof and not ready to listen to anyone then who would talk to them about the APC or Buhari, but today the story is different.
“Just look around and see the number of people who have converged here today. This is very significant. It did not just happen, it was through the efforts of some of us who joined the party. The people know us, and when we approach them and tell them that APC is the best place to be, they don’t argue about it.”
Uba who is contesting the Anambra South Senatorial seat for the third time said,” I don’t see what will stop us from winning Anambra State for Buhari and the APC.
He expressed optimism that he would win the district’s election in the February 16 poll
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate