The People’s Democratic Party ( PDP ) Concerned Stakeholders Forum, Kwara State, has dissociated itself from the purported media reports credited to the State Party Chairman, Engr Kola shittu, calling for the review of the appointment of the Newly appointed Vice Chancellor, Prof. Mohammed M. Akanbi of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete.
The Party stakeholders who described the controversial statement as self serving and personal opinion of Engr. Shittu stated that, at no time was the Party held neither any state Exco meeting, nor any key stakeholders consultation, where decision was reached, calling for the review of the appointment of Prof. M.M Akanbi as the Vice Chancellor KWASU.
The Party stakeholders maintained that the said Press Statement was the imagination and opinion of an individual using his exalted position to seek cheap political relevance at the expense of party members who are the majority.
According to them “the purported Press Release was at the instance of the Chairman alone, Mr Kola shittu, it does not have the support and endorsement of members of our great party.
” As party stakeholders we would have ignored the report, but to put the record straight, PDP is an organised Political party with a well coordinated mechanism of addressing Issues when it bothers on the rights and well being of not only our party members but the generality of our People as we always consult all stakeholders before arriving at a position”, the party hinted.
As an opposition party, we equally have our ways of assessing the government performance when it comes to serving the people as well as when it affects the well being of the citizens. Is not for us to applaud or condemn appointment of the government of the day.
Its therefore, suffices to say that the purported claim of Engr. shittu was a misrepresentation of our party in the State, we thus, dissociate ourselves from the unofficial statement.
1. Alh. Abdulrazaq Lawal
Former Commissioner for Education, Kwara State
2. Alh. Mas’ud Adebimpe
Former Chief Press Secretary to Kwara State Government
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends